My ex is closing the child support case and I am still paying, puzzled?

My ex is closing the child support case and I am still paying, puzzled? Topic: Mental case support
June 17, 2019 / By Averill
Question: Ok my ex lied to the child support court. I kept paying as I live out of state and the ex kept collecting the money and the kids were taken and put in foster care system due to neglect by ex. Ex was supposed to give state money back when they found out but did NOT! Ex signed an order as part of case plan to get one of two kids back from the states custody.Ex as of that time collected over 3000 from me and still has not paid the state for the kids placement.What will they do about it if anything? As of today one kid in care and other home with ex. Still ex accepts support from me for BOTH children. Now I get a letter that case is being closed for child support ? When it is closed do I keep PAYING or what? Kid is 16 and other will be 18 in a week and does not ever want anything to do with ex or live with me ( parent alienation)n stays in foster home actually requested to stay there! You know if this was WELFARE from the government and not me - my Ex would be arrested and jailed for FRAUD!!! But I guess a private citizen like me has NO RIGHTS! RIGHT? LOOK DAG NABIT THE ONLY thing the SYSTEM cares about is that u pay the money. It took years of documentation apparently to get these kids away from the ex! I am 5 states away so I had NO idea and they were too scared to tell me! The little visitation I was given was at the hands of the ex and when violence must have gon on I was denied sometimes I guess so I would not see the bruises?I was recently sent the list of reports by many people down there who reported possible abuse ( no names of course) it is 2 pages! Why does it take 5 years to remove children? I don't know. If it takes a VILLAGE TO raise a child then Florida's village SUCKS! Mental and emotional means NOTHING TO THE JUDGE! Get over yourself!
Best Answer

Best Answers: My ex is closing the child support case and I am still paying, puzzled?

Virginia Virginia | 2 days ago
The dumb one here is you, as you should have requested a modification to have the money going to the state. She is under no legal obligation to tell them anything. The state should have picked up on the fact you were paying and made the change. However, you have not said who moved and who has jurisdiction? If you state does, they might be sending the money directly to her in a way of a cash card, rather then through the state she lives in. If that is the case, she might have told the state that she does not know who or where you are for them to file on you. The states do not talk to each other except to file enforcement actions, so they would not know, which also means it was your responsibility to request the modification as much as her. Finally, why didn't you file for custody when the children were in state care? http://childsupportrights.org/WhatPayersNeed2Know
👍 152 | 👎 2
Did you like the answer? My ex is closing the child support case and I am still paying, puzzled? Share with your friends

We found more questions related to the topic: Mental case support

Virginia Originally Answered: I am selling my home and have a question on paying the buyer closing costs?
Oh everybody is giving you a simple answer to a very complex question. She says just make it 3%. It shouldnt be that high. The other people are right she cant really make cash out of it. She could increase the discount price to get a better interest rate. Or she cold say to the mortgage broker close on this day so I dont have a payment for 60 days. There is actually alot you could do wiht 3%. If 3% is half the closing cost. Im trying to figure out how the borrower could have 6% in closing cost. Even with a 1% origination fee I would probably never hit 3% in closing cost on any loan. So if you are paying half it should be around 1.2-1.5% on all loans. Write a letter saying I will pay half of these cost and these costs only. 1% origination fee, appraisal, and lenders fees, lenders fees are up to standard lender fees not including discount fees or prepayment fees. Standard lenders fees not to exceed 1000 dollars (that will be plenty), Taxes and Hazard insurance, and interm interest and any money put into a reserve account. These fees are not considered closing costs. That will put you at around 1.5-1.8% tops. Since you are paying half that puts you at .75 or .9% that you owe. There is no way in hell she needs 6% for closing costs. Give her a set number. I would pick around 1.75% if you are paying half. That gives her 3.5% in closing costs. If she is paying anything over 3% to close a home its a benefit to them, and you shouldnt be paying. I think 1.75% is very generous for half. If she doesnt like that. Ask for cost for title, appraisal, lenders fees. I agree with you, you are totally getting screwed if 3% is half the closing costs. You can email me if you want me to review the HUD's. I will tell you exactly what it costs. Actually not a bad idea, have a third party (not me like and attorney) say what is half. Its not hard, but it wont be close to 3%. Unless its a total benefit tot he borrower, in that case you shouldnt pay for it. My pick is 1.75% and im being extremely nice because honestly half should be around 1.375%. Unless the lender is totally screwing her. And that includes reserves. I dont even know how its possible to charge 6%. Im adding up the fees. It would have to be a section 32 mortgage to get that high. So the point is either she is getting screwed or you are. I wouldnt pay over 1.75.... Just go ahead and print this and hand it to them. Or to their loan officer.

Shaniqua Shaniqua
Parental Alienation is a form of child abuse. I could care less about the money. Pay it, don't pay it. What I want to know is what have you DONE to sort out the mental and emotional health of your children/child? What have you done other than pay money? If you pay, you are obviously not homeless so where have you been?
👍 60 | 👎 -6

Orabel Orabel
''it takes a village'' is a communist mindset said by Hillary Clinton you're half responsibe for bringing those kids into this world, you needed to fly there long ago and work on establishing a raltionship, as for the 18 its time to stop the child support but i would forget about getting money back.
👍 59 | 👎 -14

Mahlah Mahlah
Call her state's CSEA and inform them of what is going on. You are probably not going to get a dime from her. You can take her back to court, but that will cost you even more money.
👍 58 | 👎 -22

If you have your own answer to the question mental case support, then you can write your own version, using the form below for an extended answer.